MacKillop Catholic College provides educational services and charges fees and levies to assist in the funding of the provision of these services on an equitable basis.
The setting of tuition fees and other charges for MacKillop Catholic College is the responsibility of the Tasmanian Catholic Education Commission. The level of fees charged annually is based on:
- The level of private income required to effectively maintain the services required by the College
- The general fluctuations of costs and prices within the community
- The limits of affordability of the families supporting the College.
MacKillop Catholic College aims to keep fees as inclusive as possible. We try to minimise additional payments that may be required throughout the year. Accordingly, tuition fees cover items such as:
- The purchase and replacement of class textbooks which are loaned to students
- Classroom materials and consumables used in all subjects including Art, Technology, Health and Physical Education, Catering, etc
- Class camps and excursions including bus hire and venue hire
- School competition entry fees
- Sports carnivals and training for school sports teams
- Extra-curricular activities provided by the College
- Reflection days, College feast days, liturgies, commissioning and thanksgiving masses
- Information and communication technology resources
Items that may be covered by additional levies include:
- Interstate or overseas trips (these trips are optional)
- Fundraising for charities
- Year 10 Graduation Dinner and leavers top
- Outdoor Education levy (elective subject)
- Other optional activities or excursions that may arise.
Tuition Fees for 2021 are $4,335.
Please note that the College is introducing a college provided laptop program for 2020. The cost of this program are included in the tuition fees and there will be no additional costs associated with the program.
A Confirmation of Enrolment Fee of $50.00 applies to each acceptance.
Please be advised:
- Tuition fees are invoiced in February. Families can enter payment plans to pay fees over 10 months (February to November).
Family discounts will be calculated in accordance with the TCEC School Fee Assistance Policy. Family discounts will apply on the basis of the total number of children attending Catholic schools (all of the children do not have to be at MacKillop Catholic College). Families can claim the family discount by completing the payment arrangement form on an annual basis. The family discounts only apply to tuition fees.
Fees are subject to change on an annual basis.College Fee Policy Payment arrangement form - Year 8, 9 and 10, 2019 Payment arrangement form - Year 7, 2019
BPAY: Make payment from your nominated cheque, savings or credit card account through your bank, credit union or building society.
Centrepay: is a voluntary Bill-Paying Service which is free for Centrelink customers. Use Centrepay to arrange regular deductions from your Centrelink payment. You can start or change a deduction at anytime. The quickest way to do this is through your Centrelink account online.
Direct Debit: Automatic payment from your nominated bank account. Complete the Payment Arrangement and Direct Debit Request and return to the College Office.
QKR: Online payments can be made through the college smartphone app. Follow the QKR – set-up guide to install the app or access the online version.
Cheque: Made payable to MacKillop Catholic College and forwarded to the College Office.
Telephone: Telephone the College Office on (03) 6245 0099 or 6240 4400 to make a payment using your credit or debit card.
In Person: Cash, Cheque or EFTPOS at the College Office.
- Completed forms should be returned to the College Office for processing.
- Forms can also be emailed to email@example.com
- College accepts MasterCard and Visa