Vocational Education and Training (VET)
MacKillop Catholic College is part of the Southern Tasmanian Catholic Colleges Trade Training Centre.
Students are able to participate in Vocational Education and Training as part of this Trade Training Centre. Guilford Young College (GYC) is the Registered Training Organisation (RTO) – Provider No. 1129 and issues all statements and certificates for students enrolled in these courses. All units of competency you receive go towards a nationally recognised qualification.
Students can enrol in units towards the following qualifications.
Introduction to Construction
During the training at MacKillop Catholic College students will be offered the units listed below:
- CPCCVE1011A Undertake a basic construction project
- CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
- CPCCWHS2001 Apply WHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- CPCCCM1012 Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
These units provide an excellent introduction to vocational training for the construction industry. They will also contribute to CPC10111 Certificate 1 in Construction if students choose to enrol in the full qualification at Guilford Young College or any other Registered Training organisation in the future.
SIT10216 Certificate I in Hospitality
During the training at MacKillop Catholic College students will be offered the units listed below and will receive a statement of attainment for any units completed:
- SITXCCS001 – Provide information and assistance (core)
- BSBWOR203 – Work effectively with others (core)
- SITXWHS001 – Participate in safe work practices (core)
- SITXFSA001 – Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITHCCC002 – Prepare and present simple dishes
- SITHCCC003 – Prepare and present sandwiches
- SITHFAB004 - Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages
Students who complete 6 units including the three (3) core units will achieve Certificate 1 in Hospitality.
Students can continue their studies in Year 11 and 12 through the Guilford Young College RTO, and Southern Tasmanian Catholic Colleges Trade Training Centre.