Vocational Education and Training (VET)
MacKillop Catholic College is part of the Southern Tasmanian Catholic Colleges Trade Training Centre.
Students are able to participate in Vocational Education and Training as part of this Trade Training Centre. Guilford Young College (GYC) is the Registered Training Organisation (RTO) – Provider No. 1129 and issues all statements and certificates for students enrolled in these courses. All units of competency you receive go towards a nationally recognised qualification.
Students can enrol in units towards the following qualifications.
CPC 10111 Certificate I in Construction
During the training at MacKillop Catholic College students will be offered the units listed below:
- CPCCCM1013A Plan and organise work
- CPCCVE1011A Undertake a basic construction project
- CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
- CPCCOHS2001A Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- CPCCCM1012A Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
To gain these units, students must gain competence and will be awarded a ‘statement of attainment’ towards the full Certificate.
SIT10213 Certificate I in Hospitality (Introduction)
During the training at MacKillop Catholic College students will be offered the units listed below and will receive a statement of attainment for any units completed:
- SITXCC001 – Provide information and assistance
- BSBWOR203B – Work effectively with others
- SITXWHS001 – Participate in safe work practices
- SITXFSA001 – Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITHCCC002 – Prepare and present simple dishes
- SITHCCC003 – Prepare and present sandwiches
- SITHKOP001 – Clean kitchen premises and equipment
- SITHFAB004 - Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages
To gain these units, students must gain competence to the industry standard and will be awarded a ‘statement of attainment’ towards the full Certificate.
Students can continue their studies in Year 11 and 12 through the Guilford Young College RTO, and Southern Tasmanian Catholic Colleges Trade Training Centre.