Vocational Education and Training (VET) at MacKillop
MacKillop Catholic College is part of the Southern Tasmanian Catholic Colleges Trade Training Centre. Students are able to participate in Vocational Education and Training as part of this Trade Training Centre. Guilford Young College (GYC) is the Registered Training Organisation (RTO) – Provider No. 1129 and issues all statements and certificates for students enrolled in these courses. All units of competency you receive go towards a nationally recognised qualification.
Students can enrol in units towards the following qualifications.
CPC 10111 Certificate I in Construction
The gain the full Certificate I Construction qualification you are required to gain competency in 11 units, including 8 core and 3 electives. During your training at MacKillop Catholic College you will be offered the units listed below:
- CPCCCM1013A Plan and organise work
- CPCCVE1011A Undertake a basic construction project
- CPCCOHS1001A Work safely in the construction industry
- CPCCOHS2001A Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
To gain these units, you must gain competence and you will be awarded a ‘statement of attainment’ towards the full Certificate.
SIT10216 Certificate I in Hospitality
To gain the full Certificate I qualification you are required to gain competency in 6 units (3 core units and 3 elective units). During your training at MacKillop Catholic College you will be offered the units listed below and will receive a statement of attainment for any units completed:
- SITXCC101 – Provide information and assistance (core)
- BSBWOR203B – Work effectively with others (core)
- SITXWHS101 – Participate in safe work practices (core)
- SITXFSA001 – Use hygienic practices for food safety (elective)
- SITHCCC002 – Prepare simple dishes (elective)
- SITHCCC003 – Prepare sandwiches (elective)
- SITHKOP001 – Clean kitchen premises and equipment (elective)
To gain these units, you must gain competence to the industry standard and you will be awarded a ‘statement of attainment’ towards the full Certificate, if you complete all six units along with a satisfactory work placement you will attain the full Certificate I in Hospitality.
The following Certificate II subjects may be offered if all of the Certificate I subjects are completed:
- SITHFAB203 – Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages
- SITHFAB206 – Serve food and beverages
Students can continue their studies in Year 11 and 12 through the Guilford Young College RTO, and Southern Tasmanian Catholic Colleges Trade Training Centre.